Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: WE 555 driver on eBay- Yikes!!

  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member Panomaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 25th, 2006
    Posts
    1,811
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    I know the good old Western Electric 555 is one of the greatest drivers ever, but the price, yikes!

    W.E. 555 Field Coil on eBay

    This started at $2, is now over $4600.

    (Hope it's OK to talk W.E. here).

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member
    WE 555 driver on eBay- Yikes!!


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Post

    It's like land- they ain't making it any more. So the value only goes up. I wouldn't pay the price of admission. But obviously someone will. A fool and his money are soon partying...

    On a seperate subject, I think most movies should be rated NW8. Not worth 8 bucks.

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member Panomaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 25th, 2006
    Posts
    1,811
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Old Guy:
    It's like land- they ain't making it any more.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Suppose you're right.* They are collectable.

    I have heard some argue they are the best compression drivers ever made, others say they were good in their day, but not the best. I've never heard them, but do know some later Westrex PM drivers that were fab.

    Shootz, I was gonna bid on the 555s when the price was low. Thought they might go well on a pair of Vitaphone 11 ft horns I have in mind. But not at that price!

    *Actually, next door to me on the island of Hawaii, they are making land every day.

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member
    WE 555 driver on eBay- Yikes!!


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Panomaniac:
    *Actually, next door to me on the island of Hawaii, they are making land every day.[/QB]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Unfortunately the shipping to here would probably be too much. forums

  5. #5
    Junior Hostboard Member quaramon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 29th, 2006
    Posts
    29
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

    Post

    Ended up at $6.200!
    I can't believe it!
    Maybe my A7 will be the most valuable thing I leave to my children when I pass out...!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.